A hair weave is a method that salons use to add hair extensions to increase the length, volume, texture or thickness of a client’s hair in order to achieve a certain hairstyle. Natural or synthetic hair is woven into the client’s natural hair close to the scalp so that it blends naturally.
Hair extensions of any style, length, color and texture can be used in a hair weave to achieve a unique hairstyle. A brunette with short hair can be transformed to a blonde with long flowing curls through the magic of a hair weave.
At Mercy’s Hair Extensions, we offer our customers superior quality virgin human hair extensions in a variety of styles including straight, natural wave, natural curly, kinky curls, spiral curls, deep wave and body wave.
In order to have a hair weave, you do need a certain amount of hair. The list below will help you determine roughly how much you will need:
- Full head sew in weave: Hair 10″ to 16″ long
- 4 ounces = A half head of extensions (to add body or length)
- 8 ounces = A full head of extensions
- 6 – 8 ounces = A full head of extensions with a closure piece or frontal piece.
- 12 ounces = A full head of extensions