Salons often use a hair weave to add hair extensions to your hair. This method can increase the length, volume, texture and thickness of your hair. Hair extensions enhance your natural hair and make it possible for you to have a wide variety of hairstyles that wouldn’t be possible with just your own hair. The natural hair extensions are woven into your hair near your scalp. Therefore, you need to know how much hair you will need for the weave in order for your stylist to be able to blend naturally with your hair.
How much hair do I need for a weave?
While everyone’s hair is slightly different, we have provided the following list to help you determine roughly how much hair you will need for a weave:
- Full head sew in weave: Hair 10″ to 16″ long
- 4 ounces = A half head of extensions (to add body or length)
- 8 ounces = A full head of extensions
- 6 – 8 ounces = A full head of extensions with a closure piece or frontal piece.
- 12 ounces = A full head of extensions
Before you order hair extensions, you may want to consult your hairstylist. A quick discussion with your stylist could save you time, effort and money.